We are looking for a talented UI Designer to create amazing user experiences. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UI skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts, and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
Yuki is the very first self-learning, community-driven, fully automatic accounting software in the world. Accounting has been the same for over twenty-five years for both entrepreneurs and accountants. We’re here to change that. Our mission? To make accountants and entrepreneurs work smarter and better utilize their talent. That’s in our genes. We help our clients master their administrations. Above all, to help them do what they do best: focus on their client.
What you get to do everyday
- Designing user interfaces for multiple products on multiple platforms, working with the team to make complex information understandable, engaging, aesthetic, and guiding.
- Creating enterprise design systems and evangelize its principles and guidelines to teams
- Ensuring that look and feel of the UI is consistent between multiple products and platforms.
- Taking wireframes and transform them into intuitive, functional, beautiful, pixel-perfect user interfaces.
- Working on Yuki Design System by creating components and patterns in atomic approach.
- Writing excellent documentation that details interaction states, visual specifications and usage to guide execution of designs.
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Informal and ambitious organisational culture
- Good working environment in a dynamic international team
- The opportunity to develop yourself
- Cool office located at 22@, Barcelona’s innovation district
- Location: Barcelona
- In possession of an EU work permit
- Fluent English (Spanish a plus)
- Type of employment: permanent position
Who you are
- You have at least 3 years or equivalent experience in applying UI design on web & mobile products and a portfolio that demonstrates your work and ability.
- You are experienced with creating and enforcing style guides or design systems.
- You are experienced working on advanced interfaces for enterprise solutions
- You have expert knowledge of typography, layouts, grid systems, color theory.
- You have a good understanding of UX, usability, accessibility principles.
- You are able to work with minimal supervision in an agile environment.
- You have strong communication skills to explain your work and vision to all stakeholders
- You are an expert working with design tools such as Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.
- You have strong written and verbal English communication skills.
What you may have
- No coding required but a good understanding of front-end development and implementation details is a big plus.
- Experience working in Agile teams.
- Ability to create new or polish existing icons and assets.
You will be working on projects together with colleagues in Spain. The Netherlands and Belgium Therefore, the following personal skills are required:
- Being able to work independently
- Being able to work in a distributed team using online collaboration tools
- Showing initiative and coming up with creative solutions
- Strong analytical and issue resolution skills
- Strong collaborative skills