Yuki is the very first self-learning, community-driven, fully automatic accounting software in the world.
Previously accounting has been the same for over twenty-five years for both entrepreneurs and accountants. We’re here to change that!
The Customer Support team is our first contactpoint for clients. Via tickets and calls, our Support Hero’s offer a client a focused solution, and this for all kinds of questions concerning our software. Next to this they also make sure that, thanks to well organised and fun trainings, our clients are prepared well for their launch with Yuki.
Yes, you are correct: Customer Support is the beating heart of Yuki! This team is looking for a motivational manager. Someone who can lift the Customer Support team to the next level!
Are you super-client-focused and are you a true peoplemanager at the same time? Apply now!
– You determine the short and long-term strategy. Goal: Improving our client satisfaction day by day.
– You are a true motivational coach. You are the caretaker of the team. Thanks to weekly and monthly ''check-ins" you make sure that everyone can reach their objectives.
– You will do quantitative and qualitative analyses of tickets and calls. This way you make sure that quality is delivered, every moment of the day.
– You will report weekly about timeliness of ticket responses.
– You will do all of this in a hands-on way.
– You will also be a member of the Management Team, where the way forward of Yuki is determined.
– You obtained a Master Degree and you have at least 5 years of experience as a peoplemanager.
– You have a link with finance or accounting and a passion for digitalisation.
– You have a motivational management style.
– Working in a scale-up environment with a lot of changes… that's right up your alley.
– You know how to tackle difficult questions in a professional way and shares this with the team.
– You know how to lead a good team meeting.
– You are data-driven and you have knowledge on how to obtain facts & figures.
– Communicating in Dutch, French and English is not a problem.